Linking your social media account is essential to every business! Optimization improves your professionalism, efficiency, and allows you to better track your success!
We know very well how tough it is to manage all of your different accounts, and it can definitely get stressful trying to juggle all of them at the same time. That being said, if you try linking social media accounts to one another, it could change everything. If only there was a way to connect them all to one another, making your life less stressful and a little bit easier; believe it or not, it’s your lucky day, because the unthinkable is possible! Read on to discover how to link your accounts to save you time and hassle.
More Data-Driven Related Content from HVMA:
Below, we’ve provided a guide for you to use to for linking social media accounts. It’s important to understand how to connect all of your various social media accounts for so many reasons, but mostly because it makes your life a million times easier. Trust us–this is something that you might not yet know you need, but you’ll thank us later when your life becomes more organized and put together.
Connecting Facebook with Instagram
- Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines.
- Tap Settings.
- Click Account, then tap Linked Accounts.
- Hit Facebook and enter your Facebook login info.
- Save all of your preferences before exiting.
Connecting Facebook with Twitter
- From your desktop computer, log in to the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- Go to your Settings menu’s Apps tab.
- Click ‘Connect to Facebook.’
- Enter your Facebook credentials and click Log in to sign in to Facebook.
- You will then receive a prompt that says Twitter will receive certain information from your Facebook account. In order to continue, you must select Continue as [Facebook name].
- After, you are prompted to select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets and Retweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to friends by default.
- Click OK to complete the process.
Your Tweets and Retweets will now post to your profile Facebook wall and your username will be displayed there as well. Replies will not be posted.
Want to know more? Check our Q&A page
Connecting Facebook with LinkedIn
(THIS OPTION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE BY THE NETWORKS)
- Open Facebook in your browser, log in to your account and type “LinkedIn” on the search bar at the top of the page. Results will populate below the search bar.
- Click the “LinkedIn” app. It should be the first result and will say “app” below its name. This will redirect you to LinkedIn.
- Click the “Connect with Facebook” button and a popup will display on the screen.
- Click the “Log In with Facebook” button on the pop-up. The pop-up will ask for permission to post on your behalf. Click “Allow” and LinkedIn will import your Facebook contacts to LinkedIn. Be patient as this process may take a few minutes if you have several hundreds (or thousands) of friends. They will then ask you to grow your network by adding an email address. Click “Skip this step.”
An optional, but worthy step to take next when linking social media accounts
- Select any people that you may know by checking the box next to their name on the page that says “Do You Know These People?” and then click “Add Connection(s)” or “Skip this step” if you do not wish to add any of the possible connections. This list is based on friend connections that you have from Facebook.
- Click “Skip this step” on the next page that asks you to enter your email addresses of people to invite them to LinkedIn. Next you will choose a plan level: Premium or Basic. Select one of the two options. Your Facebook and LinkedIn profiles are now connected.
- Return to your LinkedIn profile and click the “Edit” link next to “Additional Information” on your LinkedIn profile so that you can add a link to your Facebook account.
- Click the drop-down menu that says “Choose…” directly to the right of “Websites” and select “Other.” Two text fields will appear to the right of the drop-down menu.
- Type “Facebook” in the text box that says “Website Title.” Type your profile URL in the text box that says “URL.”
- Click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the page and the link will appear on your profile.
Need more help? Check our Q&A page
Connecting Twitter to LinkedIn
- Go to LinkedIn sign-in page and login using the email address and password associated with your account.
- Click your username in the top right corner followed by the “Settings” option. This will take you directly to your account Settings page.
- Click the “Manage your Twitter settings” link under the “Settings” heading on your account Settings page.
- Click the “Add your Twitter account” link. Log in to your Twitter account to verify the process.
- Sign in to Twitter and click the “Allow” button when prompted to grant LinkedIn permission to your account.
- Select your preferences for status updates and content preferences.
- Click the “Save changes” button to complete the process.
Connecting Twitter to Instagram
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Instagram on your device.
- Scroll down until you find the “Twitter” option.
- Turn on ‘Instagram’ to allow it to connect to your Twitter account.
- Login to your Instagram account with your information.
- Click the Settings button.
- Scroll down and tap “Share Settings”
- Select “Twitter”. Enter your Twitter username and password, and after that you are all set.
Connecting Instagram to LinkedIn
- Go to your Options (in the top right hand corner of your profile).
- Click on Linked Accounts (right underneath Settings)
- Click on LinkedIn.
- Enter in your LinkedIn information.
- Authorize postings.
Linking social media accounts is essential to your overall technological health. If you use this guide to connect your accounts together, your life will get easier within the first minute that you do so. It’s one way to ensure that all of your information is linked to one another which makes it harder to forget where you posted what, and so on. Take our advice and take the steps necessary to improve your way of living.