Remember the days when building a website was difficult? Those days certainly aren’t around anymore thanks to the hundreds of website building services available. If you’re thinking about building one for your business but don’t know where to start, don’t fret; we’re here to help. Here are the top three building services that we think will help you build a website that you and your customers can be proud of.
Our personal favorite and recommendation for starters is WordPress. Easy to use and operate, WordPress leaves you with a beautiful website when it’s all said and done. We’re not the only ones who think this way, however; WordPress powers 35 percent of the Internet, an impressively large number considering the sheer size of the Internet alone. Some of the things you can do with WordPress are as follows:
- Build a fan base.
- Promote your products, use advanced statistics and SEO tools, and connect with built-in audiences on social media to grow your business.
- Open a store.
- Process payments, configure taxes and shipping, build a marketing plan—you make the widgets, we’ll make the website.
- Start a blog.
- Everyone has a point of view. Make your mark online with the world’s greatest blogging tool, and join a community millions strong that’s waiting to hear what you have to say.
- Design a portfolio.
- Thousands of themes mean there’s a layout that’s just right for you, while storage and design options ensure you can upload anything you need to and give your work the stage it deserves.
If cost is an issue for you, WordPress is your friend. WordPress is free to start and offers four different payment options if you want to grow your website. With Personal ($4 per month, billed annually), Premium ($8 per month, billed annually), Business ($25 per month, billed annually), or eCommerce ($45 per month, billed annually) options, there’s something for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
All People, All the Time
If you’re not a fan of talking to robots on the phone when you need help, you’ll feel good about WordPress’s “Happiness Engineers.” This is the name given to the real people ready to assist you with any problems you may encounter 24/7, 365 days per year.
WordPress is one of the many options available, but we think it doubles as one of the most credible, too.
Wix is a great platform to use if you’re truly a beginner. Whether you’ve never gotten around to making a website before or you want simply want to have a trial run, Wix is probably the most accessible network available. Anyone can use it, and that’s what makes it such a good website to help build yours.
Some key functions of Wix are as follows:
- Customize your site.
- Pick a template and customize anything, or answer a few questions and get a free website designed just for you.
- Add advanced features.
- Start your own blog, add an online store and accept bookings online. You can always add more features as you grow.
- Edit your mobile view.
- Check out the mobile-optimized version of your site. Switch to the Mobile Editor to personalize it even more.
- Optimize for search engines.
- Answer a few questions about your website, location, and keywords and get a personalized SEO plan to get found online.
Wix provides you the exact six steps needed to take in order to build a website. They are as follows:
- Sign up for a free website builder. Choose what kind of website you want to create.
- Customize a template or get a website made for you. Choose your starting point.
- Drag and drop 100s of design features. Add text, galleries, videos, vector art and more.
- Get ready for business. Add an online store, booking system, members area, and blog.
- Publish your website and go live. Start building your professional online presence.
- Drive traffic to your site. Use advanced SEO tools and integrated marketing solutions.
With stunning templates, blog capabilities, logo makers and more, Wix is a great option for all of your website building needs.
If you’ve never heard of Joomla! but want to learn more, they’re got you covered. When you download their platform, you have the option of learning step by step how to manage it. It’s very popular, easy to use, stable and secure, which is why it’s had over 100 million downloads across the world. Some of its most impressive features are as follows:
- SEO friendly.
- Mobile friendly.
- Unlimited design.
- Flexible and fully extensible.
- Multi-user permission levels.
Joomla! works best for:
- Corporate websites or portals, intranets, and extranets.
- Small business websites.
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications.
- E-commerce and online reservations.
- Government, non-profit and organizational websites.
- Community-based, school and church websites or portals.
- Personal or family homepages.
It’s a great alternative if you’re looking to use something different than WordPress or Wix. Thanks to its helpful instructional videos, user-friendliness, and extendability, it makes for one of the best options for producing a beautiful website every time.
No matter what you decide to use, there’s no denying the fact that you must have a website. We live in an age where almost all transactions are done online, and if you don’t take advantage of that, your business won’t be able to take off. WordPress, Wix, and Joomla! are all great platforms to use. Enjoy your new professional-quality website that you can feel proud to show off.